Pages

22 July 2011

My Guest Post at Wicked & Tricksy

Over at Wicked & Tricksy today I've got a post up called Why I Write Horror. Really it's about my earliest defining encounter with a [literary] ghoul who just wouldn't leave me alone. Go check it out. While you're there, poke around W&T if you haven't had the chance to yet. There are many fine and enlightening essays up about writing speculative fiction. It's good stuff.

Writing that post inspired a trip down memory lane. I plan to post more about my early encounters with horror over the next month or so.

Source: the deliciously gruesome Keith Thompson 

8 comments:

Margo Lerwill said...

OMG that's a fabulous illustration!

Elizabeth Twist said...

Isn't it just? There's a lot more where that came from. Keith Thompson's gallery is well worth a browse.

Deborah Walker said...

Yikes. That woman. Nice touch that she's got a child-- I hope it's her own.

A great post Elizabeth. I love that image, something outside, tapping at the window, wanting to get itn. So creepy.

Regina said...

Looking forward to reading your post. I love the picture. It is so inspiring.

Elizabeth Twist said...

Thanks for reading, Debs. I hope you enjoy the post, Regina. And thanks for the invitation to guest at Wicked & Tricksy, Margo. I had fun writing that piece for you.

Unknown said...

exciting!

Anonymous said...

I'm a horror writer and because this is the anniversary of 9-11, I was contemplating the place of horror fiction in a horrifying world. Google led me to your post at W&T, and then I stopped by here. I enjoyed both your post over at Wicked & Tricksy and what I read here!

Elizabeth Twist said...

Thanks, Aniko. Good to hear from a fellow horror writer. Glad you found your way here.

ShareThis