Pages

12 January 2011

The Broken Aquariums of Will Ferrell

Early this morning I was deep in a dream that my good friend Will Ferrell had purchased a large quantity of small aquariums (aquariae?) that were all defective.



He picked up one of the aquariums (aquariae?), with its small goldfish swimming happily inside, and turned on a switch that was supposed to turn on the filter. The aquarium made a loud sound, kind of like this:

OOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

and then it stopped.

"See?" said Will Ferrell. "It's broken."

"I'm sorry to see that," I replied. "But what about the next one?"

Will Ferrell picked up another aquarium. He turned it on, and the loud, disturbing sound repeated, then stopped.

"Huh," I said. "I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Will the fish be okay?"

"I don't know," said Will Ferrell.

At that point, I came into a sort of consciousness. Sometime in the night, my dog had worked his way up from his customary sleeping position on my feet, to the pillow right beside my head. He's a Boston Terrier. He snores, sometimes incredibly loudly.

Apparently if I'm just the right shade of tired, I can incorporate any external noise into my dream world quite seamlessly.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Next time my husband snores, I'm telling him he snores like Will Ferrell's broken aquariums (-ae?)." :)

Elizabeth Twist said...

It is a mighty snore, that Will Ferrell broken aquarium snore.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Elizabeth! Nice to meet you here. :-)

I see that you've read ROOM. That's next on my TBR pile. I hope it will be a good read.

Elizabeth Twist said...

Welcome, Liz! I loved Room. So much so that the moment I was done reading it, I wanted to flip it over and start reading it again. I hope you enjoy it! Be sure to pop by and let me know what you thought!

Misa said...

Hello chuck!

I have an award for you at my blog

Anonymous said...

That was a cool dream.

I remember that when I was young, I had a watch alarm go off in my dream, but couldn't find the watch. That was because I had set the watch to use it as an alarm clock. ;)

ShareThis